A nutritious salad should be an important part of our diet because it provides us with the necessary fiber so that our metabolism works correctly. However, some people can add ingredients that can block this process, due to excess saturated fats or calories.
Therefore, you must learn to choose the right foods that a nutritious salad should carry, to help you lower or maintain your weight, and function your day-to-day tasks easier.
In a study, researchers at Purdue University say that most of the ingredients in salads are vitamins and monounsaturated fats, which are very beneficial for the body.
This is because some products have carotenoids, a class of nutrients that can only be absorbed by the body with the help of monounsaturated fats. Some examples of these are carrots, tomatoes, and onions.
Most nutritious salads have raw or cooked fruits and vegetables, however, you must add these five ingredients to complement their benefits:
- Avocado: It is a food that complements the nutritious salad because it contains good fats that help the body. You only need a quarter of a piece to enjoy its benefits. In addition, it will help you prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Olive Oil: With a third of a small spoon you will have monounsaturated fats that will help you absorb all the nutrients, as well as a good amount of vitamin E.
- Olive: Although its consumption must be moderated by the amount of sodium that they have, when adding between 8 and 10 olives you will have the amount of monounsaturated fat that your organism needs.
- Walnuts from India: If you add eight pieces of this seed you will have a good dose of magnesium and phosphorus, which are essential for bone health. It will also help regulate sleep cycles.
- Queso Fresco: In addition to giving you a good amount of calcium, you benefit from a dose of monounsaturated fats.
For you to enjoy all the benefits of foods rich in monounsaturated fats, we present the following recipe for a nutritious and low- calorie salad:
Below are the complete methods to create the best nutritious salad to keep your metabolism optimum and keep you healthy.
Two cups of watercress leaves
Two tomatoes cut into slices
50 grams of panela or fresh cheese cut into cubes
Half a cup of walnuts from India
Two tablespoons of balsamic oil
A tablespoon of olive oil
A clove of minced garlic
Salt to taste
- Place the lettuce leaves and watercress in four bowls.
- Add the slices of tomato and Avocado.
- Distribute the cheese cubes and nuts.
- Add a spoonful of the dressing to each salad.
With this nutritious salad, you will enjoy a good state of health. Do not forget to mix the ingredients in moderation, so as not to exceed the maximum amount of monounsaturated fats.
Any queries or questions are welcomed in the comments.