In any case, if you want to achieve a decrease in weight following a vegetarian diet, the following tips may be useful:
Following a weight loss diet is a process that requires a change of habits and then you have to maintain that for months. That is, you have to be patient and constant but the results will be very rewarding both psychologically and physically.
This is the same as, the diet of weight loss should guarantee a slight reduction of caloric intake, a correct diet and a definitive modification of eating habits to avoid the well known “rebound” effect.
Some Vegan Diet Tips that You Should Follow
- 4 or 5 Meals a Day: Breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, snack, and dinner. It is very important to follow all the meals plan and try not to miss any of the meals during the day.
- Eat slowly and chew food well.
- Drink plenty of water but without forcing the body. It is recommended to drink 2-4 liters of water per day between meals. Drinking enough water will keep your digestion and metabolism rate optimum.
- Use iodized salt but not in a large amount. Try to replace the salt or combine it with other types of condiments (lemon, garlic, vinegar, mustard grains, paprika, pepper, oregano, parsley, and/or any type of aromatic herbs).
- Substitute refined foods for wholemeal (wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, brown rice etc.)
Avoid or decrease the intake of:
If you really want to lose weight and be healthy, you must reduce or avoid the intake of the following listed things. These are very injurious to your health.
1. Sugars and sugary foods (sugar, honey, cakes, prepared desserts, ice cream, custard, pastries, fruits in syrup, jams with added sugars …). If you can not eat your food with the natural flavors. It is preferable to use artificial sweeteners but in the very limited amount.
2. Fats and oils. Avoid the use of butter and margarines. Try to use, for both seasoning and cooking, a minimum of 2 tablespoons a day of virgin olive oil for cooking of your foods. (I also advice you to consume 1 tablespoon of raw olive oil per day to cover the needs of omega 3 fatty acids).
3. Greasy and very caloric cooking: Avoid this type of cooking methods.
The most suitable cooking methods to avoid loss of vitamins and minerals are boiling, steaming, baking, grilling and baking in the microwave in its own juice by papillote method(wrapped in aluminum foil and oven until it swells).
4. Alcoholic beverages, packaged juices and sweetened soft drinks. On special occasions, choose natural juices, light drinks or very low alcohol.
5. Whole dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, dairy desserts): It is preferable to opt for alternatives of vegetable origin or use them skimmed.
6. Fruit juices.
Try to take fruit for dessert and make it citrus (orange, kiwi, grapefruit, tangerine, strawberries etc.) to ensure the absorption of Iron.
Never forget to do physical exercises daily because, if you do some physical activity daily for 1 hour, it will keep you fit and maintain your digestion properly.
If you seek any other info, then you’re welcomed in the comments.